XESCOM, the International Network of Communication Management, organized on 27 and 28 November at the Faculty of Social Sciences and Communication at the University of Vigo (Pontevedra Campus) the First International Symposium on Communication Management, Media to Metamedios.
The I Symposium is a forum opened to scientific research and the theoretical, instrumental, and empirical analysis of the present situation concerning the management of communication that is carried out by media and institutional and corporate organizations. The event covers the subject from the threefold perspective of the media, as the main industrial and economic players in present-day society; of the media scene, which is suffering the technological transformation; and of the corporate and institutional organizations, whose strategic objective is to be involved in the social mediation processes.
Submitted papers should be related with at least one of the ten proposed themes:
- Media industry and its economy: from the crisis to the new models.
- Regulatory and self-regulatory policies to sustain quality.
- Journalism within a multi-platform and multi-screen scenario.
- Research on the products made in entertainment factories.
- From traditional marketing, audiences and reception studies to the new digital metrics.
- Corporate and institutional communication.
- Neuro-communication, political communication, and advertising.
- New methods of communication management: from metamedia to the digital social networks.
- Study of the implementation of new tools, professional profiles, information technologies, and Big Data.
- Academic social networks: communication and indicators of digital research impact.
- Free communications.
All accepted papers will be available on CD-ROM, which will be distributed to all participants, and on the website. Both of them will have their own ISBN. The best works, that is, those passing the second double-blind review – meeting the requirements specified in the “Publication” section of the website of the Symposium – will be published in a book –not Proceedings- edited by Springer. Presentations of papers may be performed in person or virtually, but, in any case, at least one of the authors must be enrolled in the conference.
The International Network of Communication Management, XESCOM, is a project launched in 2014 by four Galician research groups –Novos Medios (University of Santiago de Compostela), iMARKA (University of A Coruña), NECOM (University of Vigo) and MILE (University of Vigo). The other collaborative scholars on this project belong to: the University of Fernando Pessoa; the Department of Modern Languages and Literature from Azores; the Centre of Communication and Society Studies from the University of Minho (Portugal); the Media and Society Group from the Autonomous University of Tamaulipas; and the Communication Schools from the Technical Particular University of Loja and the Pontifical Catholic University of Ecuador. Coordination of the project is ensured by the Professor Francisco Campos from the University of Santiago de Compostela.
Submission of abstracts: October 28th
Submission of full papers: November 10th, 2015
Registration (reduced fee): October 31th, 2015
Conference: November 27th and 28th, 2015